Monday, July 28, 2008

Ink-Filled Page Summer 2008

The Summer 2008 issue of the Ink-Filled Page is out. Download your free copy here.

Here's a sneak peak:

A forty-hour car ride with your wife and two young children? Men everywhere double over in pain at the thought. Well, I took the lumps and lived to tell.

Let’s begin by answering the obvious question of why? When I was a kid, my family drove from New York to Florida on an annual basis. The trip was a pilgrimage of sorts to visit my father’s large family in Miami and to escape the harsh New York winters.

Work had gotten slow, and I was faced with an impromptu family vacation. The consensus was to head for surf and sun, but last-minute airline tickets were priced through the roof. With the prospect of a vacation in peril, a veil of disappointment settled upon my family. “We could drive to Florida,” I said.

From "The Long Drive," by Jonathan Willard
Art: "Piano Man," by Sarah Hicks

No comments:

Post a Comment