Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Book Talk and Memoir Workshop Tomorrow Night

BLACKBIRD WINE SHOP PRESENTS

Book Talk and Memoir Workshop
Thursday, June 10th 7:00 pm – 8:00pm
4323 NE Fremont ST.
Portland, OR 97213




“At age 61, I was earning a Masters in Teaching degree. As part of my student teaching I taught a section on memoir writing to 8th graders. I thought ‘Hey this is fun,’ and so I began Some Days Chicken, Some Days Feathers.” Part of my mission is to get readers started on their own story. I will conduct a fun-filled, hands-on memoir workshop that will get you scribbling! Join us at Blackbird Wine Shop for a no-host nosh or glass of Chablis. I promise you some laughs along with giving you the tools to put your history into a format that will impress your family and friends."

Bob Ferguson, Author of:

Some Days Chicken, Some Days Feathers



A memoir that will grip the reader with memories of their child hood, the nostalgia of the '60s, college football, romance and the Vietnam experience up close and personal.

If you cross-pollinate the humor of Dave Barry with the sagacity of Robert Fulghum you will taste the flavor of my memoir, Some Days Chicken, Some Days Feathers. It begins with my earliest recollections in Oregon and ends as I am discharged from the Marine Corps due to Vietnam injuries. It is a comedy mixed with Greek tragedy, but really wants to be a musical as fun as Mama Mia.

No comments:

Post a Comment