Thursday, March 19, 2009

Where do your stories come from?

This is a live-blog post corresponding with Indigo's live performance on KBOO.

In response to the question of where stories come from or why writers write:

I´m personally inspired by people and real-life situations. My best stories have grown from reading about or imagining a situation (a prison camp or a religious commune or an extra-marital affair) and then placing a character in that scenario. Part of my interest in writing is seeing how the character will react or what he or she would do. The story becomes a little bit like a voyage of discovery - I rarely know how it will end until I get there myself!

Anna De Vaul

Anna was a contributor to last year's Ink-Filled Page, her work appearing in the 2008 Anthology.

No comments:

Post a Comment